Thursday, January 5, 2012

Franken Experiment #1

Hello all:-) I'm trying to keep my word and not disappear on you again! So I figured I'd keep things rolling with (drum roll please) my first franken!!! Haha you already knew that though didn't you, since I titled the post that. Well I think it turned out pretty darn good for never doing this before. I did have some issues, that I'll address later, but for now... here she is


Ok, so what do you think? I had to get in on this, I keep seeing them everywhere, and I am too curious not to give it a whirl. As you can see this is a Revlon bottle, it was what I used as the main color. It was Blueberry Burst one of their Glimmer Gloss polishes. I never liked it and figured it would serve as the perfect test subject. I added a few drops each of Rimmel Navy Baby, and Sally Hansen Disco Ball. So far so good, then I moved onto glitter. This is where my problem lies and I would really appreciate feedback if any of you know why this would happen. I used plain purple craft store glitter and some smaller Sally Girl Sparkle Effects glitter in a neon yellow/green color. At first this looked blue with green and gold, and purple, but then all the color sucked out of the glitter and it all turned silver. Weird!!! I dropped the base with glitter onto a plastic plate first to see if there was any reaction, and there wasn't but I think maybe that was because it dried on the plate too quickly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment