Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Essie- Shine of the Times

Hi again! So I hope everyone is staying warm! It seems like winter hit all of a sudden and even though it should have been here a while ago, none of us were really ready for it.
So today I have Essie Shine of the Times. I will be featuring this again soon. I plan on swatching it over several colors so that you can see how it changes depending on what it is worn with. But for today I have it over a Petites color which I really like but cannot figure out what the name is... I don't know if it had a tag that came off, or if it never had a name in the first place. Anyways its a really nice rich wine-red color. I used 2 coats of that, then one of SOTT. I was really excited to get my hands on this. I had wanted Hidden Treasure for a long time but hadn't been able to get my hands on it. I have always loved how flakys looked in the pictures I'd seen, so you can imagine how thrilled I am with all the choices in recent collections!
This one is the traditional red-gold-green flaky. I wore this for my weekend wine tasting. I wore it matte, but am showing you glossy as well. For the Matte top coat, I used Hard Candy- Matte-ly In Love. I used two coats of this because I've never used it before, it didn't look fully matte with one, and I've heard matte polish wears differently. I don't know if this was necessary, but that's how I did it...



Here are the glossy pics, I just slapped topcoat on over the matte...



I like them both ways, I was torn. But looking back at the pictures, matte is definitely cool, and I think I prefer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment