Monday, December 19, 2011

Zoya- Kissy

Hi guys:-) Today I have for you Kissy from Zoya's Gems & Jewels Collection. This is what I chose to wear on my nails for my party and brunch last weekend. I know it's not your traditional red or green but I think it is still a festive holiday color, not to mention very unique! I did not have the corresponding base color Izzy, but I had a Revlon polish that was so similar you would never know the difference! Funny story about that one, last Christmas I got 2 Revlon polishes in my stocking, Lava and Evergreen. The day after Christmas I thought i had accidentally thrown them away, I found Evergreen but tore through the garbage looking for Lava to no avail. Soo anyways, this year when I pulled out my decorations and started trimming the tree... ta-da Lava! Ok, maybe it's not that funny, but I got a little laugh out of it:-)
On to the polish! I really loved this one in the bottle and bought it for my sister, who nicely let me borrow it. It looked so amazing until I got it on my nails...booo! The base of Lava was a pleasant surprise, a one coater! It went on like butter, smooth and creamy. Then I went for Kissy... it was a nightmare. It was thick and gooey. It was drying as it went on so you couldn't move it at all. I had to get a blob, plop it on a nail and quickly spread it out. As much as I loved the random bar glitter in the bottle it felt like a furry mess on my fingers. I really did not expect it to be as textured as it was. I don't mind the gritty feel of glitter as long as it isn't catching, but I didn't like this. The color itself didn't look smooth, it looked like I had dented and smudged it a bunch of times and kept painting over the top. I used two coats of Seche Vite and could still feel the bumps. I don't know if this is a fluke and I bought a bad bottle or if some thinner would help? I hope that is the case because these colors are too pretty to be completely unwearable. I have never had any issue with Zoya's formula, they have always been near perfection, so I wont hold this against them!
I do have a plethora of pictures here. I have Kissy, Lava and the Kissy label that is misspelled:-)






Is it funny that after looking at these pictures, I think I may have judged too harshly? I do not take what I said about the formula back, but maybe it doesn't look as terrible as I thought? I always feel bad when I say anything negative about a polish! Kind of like how I felt when I was little and I got rid of a stuffed animal...as if I was hurting their feelings! I'm not right???

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the bar glitters -- I think that's how they all are. I frankened some colors the other day using bar glitter and they are all soooo lumpy and bumpy! :( But it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know how to franken, but I don't know where to start! It would be awesome if you could show me sometime:-)

    ReplyDelete