Friday, December 30, 2011

OPI Save Me, Nicki Minaj Collection

Hi Guys! I really need to get back to work here, I have been neglecting you! Busy is an understatement for my life right now, but I am not going away! This is my little outlet:-) Anyways, I hope you all had wonderful holidays! Mine was fantastic! My sister had a special present on Christmas Eve, a beautiful baby girl! Welcome Lola!!!
Today I bring you a gem my other sister picked out for me, OPI's Save Me, from the new Nicki Minaj Collection. At first this looked a little sheer so I decided to put it over a color, I used Revlon Violet, but this almost covered it completely except for around the edges, and it looked terrible. So here it is over Sally Hansen Celeb City, a silver foil that works perfectly as a base for this.


Save Me has a clear jelly formula jam packed with silver micro glitter that is so dense it almost looks foil with a few coats. The kicker in this is the holographic bar glitter that shines like little rainbows bouncing off mirrors on my fingers. This is made for New Years Eve:-) This was a little thicker than most, but not as gooey as Kissy was (I still think that was a fluke). I put on a thin coat in the regular direction , then a second coat sideways across my nails. This gave the bar glitter a more random look. It does have texture so I used 2 coats of Seche Vite. I love this, its sooo much fun!
All of these pictures were taken inside, so if I manage to get good light tomorrow, I'll snap a few more pictures and update this post.
In case you want to see what Celeb City looks like on its own here it is with 2 coats, no topcoat.


2 comments:

  1. Welcome Lola! And that color is awesome. Those holo bar glitters are amazing!! I NEED this polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I didn't even know they were out yet! Good find by my sister:-)

    ReplyDelete