Monday, September 26, 2011

Sally Hansen HD nail polish in Three-D, Lite, and Blu

I picked up three of Sally Hansens HD's in a sale bin at Rite Aid for $.80 each! I had to show these now because in most of the other stores around here they are still full price, but if they are changing that, maybe you can find them too!
First off is Three-D. Alright, so I'm having a love hate relationship with this polish:/ It's an absolutely gorgeous color but omg it was a nightmare! It is kind of sheer so I needed 3 coats, which I don't necessarily mind, but it didn't want to dry. I put on the first two coats like an hour apart, and that was a few hours before bed. Then coat three went on the following morning. Even with so much curing time, I had sheet marks the next day, big ridges and an imprint of my bedding:-( I was careful to use thin coats so I'm not sure what the problem was. I really liked the color though and for the price, I can't complain.
Anyhow it is bright orange coral with flashes of pink and gold depending on the light. Its shimmery without any brushstrokes, and looks like it's glowing.
P.S. I'm working on the cuticles!


Here's the second Sally Hansen HD I picked up, Lite. I really like this yellow its bright and kind of metallic, really shiny! I always heard how difficult yellows are to apply, but the only two I've tried so far,were no problem at all. Although they are ones that were recommended on other sites to be good ones.  I can't comment on the drying time because I just swatched it, but it definitely didn't streak. It did take three thin coats to get opaque though and it applied just like Three-D. Oh and the vnl in the photo is much less noticeable in real life!

                                      


Saved the best for last, Blu. It had roughly the same formula as the other two but it was a little more opaque. It is also a really pretty color, very intense and glowy. Nice and bright, the kind I love in the summer. These all looks really sheer and runny in the bottle but went on just like the bottle color.

No comments:

Post a Comment