Monday, November 7, 2011

OPI- Excuse Moi!

I am very excited about this polish! I have been awaiting the arrival of the Muppet's polishes and this is my first one. This is the one glitter in the collection that you wont have to layer to get opaque. I usually do not think of myself as a pink fan, but this color is awesome!



 This is a bright pink jelly with a mega dose of pink micro glitter, and medium sized hex glitter. Also sprinkled in there is medium hex glitter in green, blue, yellow and silver (from what I can see). I say sprinkled because it reminds me of rainbow sprinkles on hot pink ice cream, so fun! This went on like most glitters. I used three coats that dried lightening fast. It devours topcoat, I started with two coats of Seche Vite, but decided to do another the next morning. My only complaint, is that which I have with most glitters... chipping! I put this on Saturday night, and by Sunday afternoon, one of my pinkies and a middle finger were half naked. I need to figure out a way to fix this problem. A new basecoat perhaps? I welcome advice!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could help you out! I have the exact same problem (the chipping) and it makes me so upset! OPI is so expensive where I live and I decided to indulge, but it doesn't seem worth it, even though I love the colour. It doesn't last at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, thats why I have such a love/hate relationship with glitter! This color to me was worth any negatives though, I am smitten:-)
    I read a post today thet said to use Gelous over glitter, then top coat, and if that dosen't work, anither coat Gelous. I havent tried it but its on my to do list. I'm sure I will need it with all the glitter out there this holiday season!
    Here is the link to Scrangie, about the glitter:
    http://www.scrangie.com/2011/12/wet-n-wild-coloricon-ice-baby-glitter.html

    ReplyDelete