Saturday, April 14, 2012

Orly Luxe & Konad m57

Hello and Happy Weekend! Today I have for you some flashy zebra nails:-) This is Orly Luxe, which seemed like it was missing something on it's own so this is what I did to spruce it up.

So Luxe is a champagne gold foil. This kind of gold works a little better on me than the really brassy-yellow toned ones. I had some bald spots on my nails after the first coat, but the second covered completely. Its pretty thin and you have to use thin coats or it will run. Like most foils you can see any ridges or imperfections on the nail so if you have any of these and plan on wearing this alone, I recommend a ridge filler base coat.
I wasn't feeling this by itself, so I reached for my stamping plates and decided on this one, Konad m57. This is probably my favorite plate due to my love of all things animal print:-) For the black I used Sinful Colors Black on Black which is an awesome inexpensive glossy black polish.
So below I added a few pic of Luxe on its own so you can see the color and finish a little better.



Thanks for stopping in, and I hope you all have wonderful weekends:-)

2 comments:

  1. pretty! it reminds me a lot of one of my top 5 polishes (also by Orly)- Rage. I'm a sucker for gold foils :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need Rage! It's more a rose gold right? That would probably work better with my skin tone too:-)

      Delete