Wednesday, April 11, 2012

OPI- Bold

Hello again! Happy Wednesday:-) Today I have a color my mother in law picked up for me one day. I got in the car with her and she was like "Here, I know you like nail polish". She does thoughtful things like that, I really lucked out in the in law department:-) So anyway this is OPI DS Bold...




This is three coats with two coats SV. My first impression was that it reminded me a lot of Excuse Moi! There are two major differences though, one is the obvious lack of multi colored glitter mixed in. The other is the formula. Excuse Moi! was a two coater, packed with glitter but very gritty and hungry for topcoat. The base was clear on EM too. This has a rose colored jelly base and the glitter was a bit less dense. So although I needed an extra coat, it was a lot smoother on the nail. I like this. It's really a pretty wearable glitter, not too over the top. I have seen comparisons of this to China Glaze Mrs. Claus, and they are close enough for me to call dupes.
I have to confess though...I am slightly glittered out (blasphemy!) This is completely due to glitter removal. I know...foil...still, it's a pain in the ass! I have a few really pretty ones sitting in my untrieds, and as much as I want them on my nails, I can only do it so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment